zondag 14 augustus 2011

Transformers PT 2: Autobots And Decepticons And Whatever!


Part two will consist of what is left of my actual Transformer collection and my totally awesome new additions. Same thing as before I did not take the trouble to dust these of nor did I care if they stand upright or not. (But I did eventually came back for a spell check)

These where mostly bought from the flea market at the Kreade. They are in pretty good condition as most damage they received where done to them before I bought them. These are the modes I like to keep them in, so they don't fall over all the time.
My G1 Bumblebee is what he is today because I originally had two, one had perfectly preserved wheels and the other still had its sticker. So I took the sticker of my current Bumblebee making the other one look near mind condition (without packaging) and then I sold it for a good €20,-. And what's left I'm keeping since its pretty much useless from a collector's view. Mantaray is probably my favorite of the bunch its easy to transform and it also look really great in boat mode. Its also the only one I bought totally new but being a retarded little kid I took it out of its package as soon as I got my hand on it and thus quickly lost its gun/propeller. I have little to say about the two Decepticons on the right, I bought Seawing because I thought I could buy the rest of the Seacons sooner or later but nothing came of of it. The crow whose name I forgot used to spit sparks with the help of a wheel, however the mechanism does not seem to work any more. Which ain't that bad since it still seems to me that it looks like a child hazard. I know nothing about the minicon, I don't even remember how I got it so its better just to ignore it. I knew the blue truck's name but I forgot as soon as i tried to write it down lol all I remember about it is that its pretty much complete ^^
These are all newly bought (2nd hand) and all of them are cheap as hell, non of these cost me more then € 2,- . Like the previous picture I keep most of them in vehicle mode instead of robot mode and I like the alternate modes. 
The other though is another story all together, especially the lesser Hound which I initially found cool because it seemed quite posable but that seemed false as it could not stand without putting its two legs together which makes it blocky and annoying. I bought the new Mc Donald's Bumblebee with Hound its probably going to be my only Animated transformer figure since I just hate the new designs for it. THE CHINS SUCK!!. G1 Hasbro Rodimus Prime is still up for sale though when I'm at the place I'm trying to sell it, the guy who buys it isn't around. So sometime in the future I need to go to The Hague when its not a Thursday. I previously had the same Rodimus, but to me it sucked so much that I threw it away some time ago. The blue jeep is unremarkable I seriously wonder why I originally bought it. It can't even stand straight! :P  The only one I keep in Robot mode is that Optimus Prime which is super posable in that form and is just awesome with every pose I can put it. :)
Speaking of Optimus i still have a G1 version i got for free from some old lady at the Koninginnen markt of 2002.
Its pretty beating up and misses all its accessories. By all means it should have been grey by now. But I just love that he is missing the exact same arm he was missing that one time the Decepticons took his arm and placed it on their base as an automatic cannon and just to spite the injured Prime. Its an old figure and even though its die-cast it has seen better days so I put I back in the box as soon as I was done with it ^^
I bough some revenge of the Fallen figures too! There's Scout class Hubcup who is just all round awesome. Its super posable and just small enough to fit on my main cabinet. Next is Ravage who I just bough because it was cheap (€ 2,99-) but I don't transform it that much because the feline mode is just more awesome ^^ And lastly is Backfire who just to be fair has a stupid robot mode IMO!
I love Hubcup's vehicle mode of a 1940's power car  which is small and pretty detailed. I wonder how good it would have looked if it wasn't scout class but a little bit higher could they have made it more complex and awesome looking?
This is the real reason why bought Backfire its almost a match for my Chibi Kamen Rider figures and even though the new paint job (how many versions are there again?) isn't a 100% match to the Cyclone its pretty close. I'm now thinking of buying a second for Nigo so that they both have a Cyclone to ride on XD
Lastly ROTF: Leader Class Optimus Prime!! talk about a tower of awesome! I love the details on this thing. (even as Vangelus pointed out in his review having small Autobot symbol right under its breast (giggle) plates.) First thing I did was removing its battery's since I knew from both Vangelus' and CollectionDX' reviews how annoying the voice can be while trying to transform it. Second thing is that since this is the first Optimus Prime I bought that was still in its original packaging, I decided that I should keep the box and the straps that kept this hunk of plastic in place. The transformation took me about 12 minutes the first time. The second time I noticed some wear at the panel of its left arm so I decided to not transform this figure ever again fearing I would break it sooner or later. I've also been trying to find a ROTF: Leader Class Jetfire to give Prime its super mode but I have had little to no luck of finding it here in Holland.   

And I guess that's all the transformers I still own. Its a humble collection but its mine lol 
Part 1: Gobots and Misc
________________________________________________________
I forgot Catilla.... Seriously I forgot Catilla!!

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten